Sunday, January 9, 2011

Around the City in 24 Cups, #4


My coffee passport adventures continue...

#9
I Deal Coffe
162 Ossington Ave
January 9, 3:30 p.m.
Atmosphere/Décor: Mix and match. Very bright and airy and inviting.
Seating: Seats 20, maybe?
Wi-fi: Unsure.
AC Outlets: Didn't check.
Traffic: Not busy.
Staff: Very friendly. The young man making the coffee obviously took pride in his work, and it showed.
Drink of choice: Misto. A superior cup!
Would I return? Absolutely, if I am in the neighbourhood.
Overall rating: 5/5.

#10
Crafted by Te Aro
135 Ossington Avenue
January 9, 4:00 p.m.
Atmosphere/Décor: Some interesting coffee-themed artwork, but the overall feel of the place is cramped. The serving area is very narrow. Note the to bald dude who decided he had to march the length of the store, including squishing by people being served three times in the 10 minutes I was there: Hey, Buddy! Decide what you're after, and stop acting like you're the one who is being inconvenienced by the people waiting to be served.
Seating: 20 seats, maybe? But due to poor bar configuration it feels very claustrophobic.
Wi-fi: Yes, didn't try it, password protected.
AC Outlets: Didn't check.
Traffic: Busy! If you like and/or are in the hipster crowd you will love this place. If not, pleased to meet you.
Staff: Friendly.
Drink of choice: large brewed coffee. The worst cup of coffee I've had in years. No flavour, no aroma. Tossed it on a snowbank 10 steps out of the shop (just the coffee, the cup I recycled). My friends who ordered lattes both said the same thing: "Flavourless." If I had actually paid for this (I know, I know, technically I did) I would have asked for a refund.
Would I return? No, never. This cafe gets my first zero rating
Overall rating: 0/5.

No comments:

Post a Comment